Diesel Smog Check Program
The diesel smog check program is now implemented throughout California. We intend to provide an up-to-date overview of the diesel program. The new diesel smog test will apply to all 1998 and newer diesel powered vehicles under 14,000 GVWR. Diesel testing is implemented as a biennial program similar to the regular smog check program.
Diesel Inspection Procedure:
- Visual Test
- OBD II Test
- Visible Smoke Test
Visual Check List:
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation "PCV" or Crankcase Depression Regulator "CDR"
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst "DOC"
- Diesel Particulate Filter "DPF"
- Nox Absorber
- Fuel Injection
- Temperature and Pressure Sensors
- Wiring of Sensors/Switches/Computers
- Vacuum Line Connections to Sensor/Switches
- Other Diesel Emission-Related Components: Turbo/Supercharger, Exhaust/Intake, etc.
OBD II Check consists of:
- "Check Engine Light" (MIL) is Operational
- MIL on/off
- OBD Readiness Status Codes
Visible Smoke Test consists of:
- Idle Test
- Idle Crankcase "CDR/PCV" Test
- Snap Test
Recommended Diesel Smog Station in Huntington Beach:
10 years of Smog Check experience in Huntington Beach. Clean, Fast, Affordable! We are fully equipped for the new California Diesel Smog!
Just Smogs Diesel Testing in Huntington Beach
7722 Talbert Ave. Suite B
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
|License:||CA Test Only, Certified to Smog All Vehicles: Cars, Vans, Trucks, SUVs, RVs|
|Smog Reasons:||Regular Smog, Test Only, Gold Shield Smog Check, Transfer of Ownership, Out-of-State Smog Checks, Diesel Smog|
|Experience:||10 years, same owner/location!|
|Coupon:||YES! Smog Check Coupon|
For 10 years Just Smogs has been performing smog check inspections for motorists in Huntington Beach and surrounding areas. Primarily serving Fountain Valley, Seal Beach, and Huntington Beach...we have customers from all over Orange County.
Find a repair or test only station near you by utilizing a free service from: www.smogsearch.com